Episode 2 of The Impact Fashion Podcast covers clothing take back scheme. This episode features Lilah Horwitz, who works in a Creative and Marketing role at EILEEN FISHER Renew.
During the episode, we talked about:
- Eileen Fisher’s approach to collecting old clothes and turning them into new items or reselling them in store.
- Using data on product performance to inform design choices
- Selling secondhand clothes alongside new
Resources mentioned in the episode:
During our chat, Lilah mentions a “hyper sustainable cleaning process” delivered in partnership with a company called Tersus.
Learning from the episode
Lilah shared two ways that Eileen Fisher encourages their customers to return their old clothes. They currently
- Share key information on returning clothes where customers will see it. She mentioned that items sold at Eileen Fisher have labels that include information on taking clothes back.
- Inform and train all customer facing staff about the take-back scheme. This allows everyone to be able to talk to customers about any aspect of the programme that they might have questions about.
Interesting articles/videos on the topic from around the interweb:
- Brands using take back schemes to recycle waste via Eco Age
- Retailer clothing take-back guide via WRAP
Thank you for joining Impact Fashion. We’ll have new episodes released on Fridays. If you listen and enjoy it, I’d love it if you could share with friends and colleagues across social media. Leave a review on Apple Podcasts if you fancy it.