Episode 3 of The Impact Fashion Podcast focuses on technology. The episode includes an interview with Muchaneta Kapfunde, Editor in Chief of FashNerd.com.
FashNerd is a a digital magazine escalating the adoption of Fashion Technology. So naturally, I wanted to Muchaneta about how technology is being used to progress the industry towards circularity.
During the episode we talked about:
- How fashion brands are using data and AI
- The tension between demanding more action on sustainability and celebrating the industry’ achievements so far
- The importance of collaborating to drive change
Resources mentioned in the episode:
During our chat, Muchaneta mentioned Orange Fiber (a company that manufactures sustainable fabric from citrus juice by-products) and Eon (a company that is the leading Internet of Things platform for creating and managing digital identities for connected products) as two companies during interesting work to enable the circular economy.
Articles on the topic from around the interweb:
- These 5 disruptive technologies are driving the circular economy via World Economic Forum
- The Latest ‘Circular Fashion’ Technologies via WWD
Thank you for joining Impact Fashion. We’ll have new episodes released on Fridays. If you listen and enjoy it, I’d love it if you could share with friends and colleagues across social media. Leave a review on Apple Podcasts if you fancy it.